Monday, November 26, 2018

Thanksgiving 2018

We took this year and went to visit my Aunts for Thanksgiving.  We took a different route to get there this time.  We went up through Vermont.  It was so pretty.  The day before it snowed so the scenery was even more beautiful with the freshly fallen snow.  The roads were a little rough when we started out but they got better when we got on the major highways.  Thankful we took the truck.  It was nice to drive through the mountains.  God's handiwork is so beautiful.  The weather turned out to be nice both there and back.  We didn't get caught up in any storms thank goodness. 






The time with my Aunts was nice and relaxing.  Nathan would come in with us in the evening and we would all watch Wheel of Fortunate and Jeopardy. We would try to see who guess the most. I love the time I get with my family because I don't get to see them much.   Mike was able to help them fix their internet and mailbox. We really enjoyed our time with them.  We left Saturday for home and took the same route home.  As we were traveling out of Pennsylvania we came across hot air balloons.  Who would actually go up in a hot air balloon when it's cold out?   
We got back Saturday afternoon.  Our bedroom was so cold that the glasses of water that I had left on our nightstands were frozen.  When I was laying down and relaxing I heard a pop in our closet.  I went in and found the cans of water that I had in there had frozen and busted.  It was a mess.  That's how cold our bedroom and closet gets.  In the past, we have used our closet as a freezer.  

Well, now it's time to start preparing for Christmas.  I have some ideas floating around in my head that I want to do.  I plan on doing some baking and making some Christmas presents.  I believe homemade Christmas gifts mean so much more. While we were in Pennsylvania Mike took Nathan out black Friday shopping and got some gifts.  There's some little stuff we want to get and we still need to get the grandbabies some more stuff but we are pretty much done.  

Time to head to bed soon.  As we sleep tonight a snowstorm is supposed to sweep in and dump snow on us.  The weather people are calling for 6-9 inches.  What joy.  I want summer. :)

Sharon :)

No comments: