Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Voting day and Menu for the week of November 5th to November 11th.




Today is the day we should be going to vote.  It's a very dreary, damp and cold day to be doing it in but I can't use it as an excuse for not voting.  If you are not sure of the candidates to vote for, here's a place you can go to and look at the candidates that are running.  You just put in your street address and it will bring up the ones running.  Pretty nifty.

https://vote-usa.org




















Here's the menu of the week:

Monday- We had a greek type chicken salad.  It was really good. I started to follow a recipe and then started to do my own thing.  Sometimes I will do that.   I simply marinated some cut up chicken breast in some olive oil, lemon juice, yogurt, salt, pepper, garlic cloves, and parsley. I used a gallon size ziplock bag to put the chicken and sauce in.   This marinated for like 3 hours in the refrigerator.  The more you can marinate it the better it will be.  Once this is done you just take the chicken (don't reuse any of the marinade that's in the bag) and put it in a pan and fry up.  I cooked up some quinoa and cut up my vegetables.  I used half of an English Cucumber, half red onion, and Roma tomatoes.   I mixed the cut-up vegetables in with the cooked quinoa.  Season with salt and pepper or you can also use a greek seasoning.  When the chicken is done make up your plates.  Put the quiona and vegetable mixtured on top of a bed of spring mix lettuce, top with the cooked chicken, feta cheese and black olives (you can use greek olives).  For dressing we just used ranch but you can make a homemade greek dressing.

Tuesday-  Not cooking ( Whitney is making Philly Cheesesteak sloppy joes with fries.  For Mike and I it may be a salad with the meat mixture.)  Trying to go healthier but potatoes are my favorite comfort food so we will see if I give in and eat the fries.  :)

Wednesday-  Chicken, rice and broccoli casserole (freezer meal that I made)

Thursday- Spaghetti with homemade sauce from the freezer

Friday- Leftovers

Saturday- Steak and twice baked potatoes (easy have some in the freezer that I made a couple of weeks ago.)

Sunday- Not sure.  Mike and I may go out for Veterans Day.


Yesterday I made Nathan and I some lunches for the week.  Made Roasted salmon, broccoli and sweet potatoes.  I made four of these and then Mike came in wanting one.  He really liked it.  He isn't a big fan of salmon.  Salmon is one of my favorite.    I used this recipe as a guide.  The pictures on the recipes are much prettier.  :)


http://littlespicejar.com/lemon-roasted-salmon/

Another lunch I made was Mediterranean Greek Salad using this recipe.  I made two of these.   Again the pictures on the recipes are much prettier. :)


https://jessicainthekitchen.com/mediterranean-quinoa-salad-bowl/

The goal is to take the weekend to prepare for the week.  I may just try grocery shopping once a week so that I can prep ahead for the next week.  It will be so much easier that way especially for the days I have my grandbabies.  That's basically it in a nutshell.  Have a great Tuesday and don't forget to Vote!! :)

No comments: