Monday, March 4, 2019

Weekly Menu for March 4th-March 10th


   I went off the menu a lot last week but I was trying to eat through our pantry and freezer.  We were running out of things in the pantry.  We have plenty in the freezer for now.  I went grocery shopping this past Friday and went over my budget. I have been really trying to work on staying on budget but it's tough when you are limited to the stores you can grocery shop at.
   I have been really putting my food processor to use.  I love this little kitchen appliance.  I even used it to ground up chicken breast in it.  It works.  It's also cheaper than buying the already ground up chicken.  I used the ground chicken to make Asian Chicken wraps using a recipe from Noreen's Kitchen. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugdsH93pFhw the recipe link  is underneath the video.)


I plan on making trying to make hamburger using a roast.  Not sure how it will work but it will be worth the try and way cheaper too.  On to our menu for the week.  Remember sometimes this will change.  
Monday:
Zesty Queso Keto Chicken Soup ( at the moment this is in the Pampered Chef quick cooker.  Love this cooker.  I used this recipe https://heatherlikesfood.com/queso-keto-chicken-soup/.  I did double the recipe so that I can have lunches throughout the week.)

Tuesday:

Wednesday:
Alfredo chicken bake from the freezer.  Having leftovers for myself keto friendly.:

Thursday:
Leftovers

Friday:
Hot Dogs and tater tots


Saturday:
Chicken Wings
celery

Sunday:
Pizza or leftovers

I typically do not eat breakfast but for Nathan, I have instant oatmeal packets, yogurt, and cereal.  For Mike, I am going to make him some keto type breakfasts.  Lunches are typically leftovers.  Have a great week everyone.:)  
Sharon :)




1 comment:

annies home said...

that Alfredo Chicken Bake sounds wonderful think I will try to find a recipe for it as well. Thanks for sharing
come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com