Monday, March 25, 2019

Weekly menu March 25th-March 31st



       Wow, we are in the last week of March.  It's starting to warm up here and the snow is melting.  Still not warm enough for me.:)   Most of last weeks menu went as planned.  Last Friday was a late night so we had Mcdonalds.  Not healthy at all.  Saturday we switch to having steak instead of chicken wings (didn't have any wings in the freezer) and Sunday we had hot dogs with tater tots ( needed something simple was in bed most of the day feeling sick).  I went $2 over grocery budget of $50 last week.  This week I am going to give myself between $30 and 40 for a budget.  I am only planning up until Thursday since we get paid on Friday(may go grocery shopping or go Saturday).  Here is the menu for this week.

Monday:
Steak fajitas
I will grill up the steak in our grill pan.  In a separate pan, I will saute the peppers and onions.  Once the steak is cooked I will slice it up and put it in with the vegetables.  I then will toss a couple of tablespoons of a homemade taco seasoning in it and season with salt and pepper.    We will use corn tortillas that I will warm up in the grill pan.

Tuesday:
Parmesan and garlic chicken in the air fryer with green beans
For the parmesan and garlic chicken, I take parmesan and garlic sauce that we get at Walmart and brush it over the chicken then put in the air fryer to cook. It comes really good.

Wednesday:
Spaghetti and meatballs in the Quick Cooker with salad
https://iwashyoudry.com/instant-pot-spaghetti-and-meatballs/

Thursday:
Shrimp Alfredo with Broccoli and Salad
https://breadboozebacon.com/easy-shrimp-alfredo/
will replace the half and half with heavy cream.    I will also use an Italian cheese blend when I make the alfredo.  Italian cheese has more of a flavor than just plain parmesan cheese.

Friday:
Leftovers

Saturday:
Chicken Wings, celery

Sunday:
Not sure

       I am really trying to eat healthy and low carb but it's difficult.  Doing the best I can especially when others in the family aren't.  I will leave you with some pictures of the meals that I made last week.:)

Frozen Strawberry Yogurt Bars made in the Snack Bar Maker

Lemon and Garlic Chicken with Greek Cucumber noodle salad

Strawberry Blondies using the brownie pan

Refried Beans tostadas


Have a great week everyone.:)

Sharon :)


     








2 comments:

allisamazing said...

Your menu for the week sounds delicious!

sjs said...

Thank you :) I hope your day is beautiful.:)