Monday, February 4, 2019

Weekly Menu Plan Feb 4th-Feb.10th

Wow, it has been about a month of me not posting my menu for the week.  January 2nd we started keto and so far it hasn't been horrible.  We took this past weekend off because I knew I would go off plan since it was my birthday.  This week is going to be pretty simple.   I started following this blog (http://frugalfamilyfood.com/) and did an inventory of my pantry and freezer.  Now that I did the inventory I made a menu from what I have.  I will fill in where needed with a grocery list.  I do try to get sales when they happen.  Which is why I switched from shopping every two weeks to every week.  For example this past week we got 40 pounds of chicken quarters for $15.  Hannaford had whole chickens for .88 cents a couple of weeks ago.  So I got four of them.  What I save on grocery shopping I plan to put towards stocking my pantry and freezer.  I do have some Sams rewards that I plan to use to fill our freezer and pantry with.  Here is the menu for the week ( it really is kind of boring this week).

Monday- Nathan and I are having our leftover Olive Garden from yesterday and Mike is having leftover  Stuffed Chicken breast with salad from Saturday.  (Nathan and I will have the other leftovers for lunch tomorrow)

Tuesday-Broccoli soup from the freezer

Wednesday-Italian Sausage, peppers and onions with Zucchini Noodles I plan on the sausage and peppers with onions in the crockpot to cook all day.

Thursday- Cheeseburger pie ( Made from Trim Healthy Mama cookbook) from the freezer

Friday- Whole Chicken with mixed veggies

Saturday-Steak with loaded Broccoli

Sunday-Take leftover chicken from Friday and make chicken salad to have in lettuce wraps.  I will just take the chicken off the bones, add mayo, pickles and bacon bits.  Season with salt and pepper.

Next week hopefully I will have some better meals. :)  Sometimes I get in a slump of not wanting to plan anything or I get tired of the same thing all the time.  Also, I don't always stick to my menu.  Sometimes my hubby wants something different.  I am learning to be flexible. :)  I hope everyone has a great week.  Remember life is a journey so make it count. 

Sharon :)




No comments: