Monday, February 11, 2019

The Simple Woman

Looking out my window: 
 Today is a beautiful sunny day.  Actually, it isn't really cold out.  It's a balmy 24 degrees out.  We still have tons of snow on the ground with another foot possible tomorrow into Wednesday.  I am so looking forward to our vacation in Florida.  

I am thinking: 
I need to have more gratitude in my life and less complaining.  My complaining will not get me anywhere but feeling nasty.


I am thankful: 
That we got to see Nathan wrestle on Saturday.  He did amazing and got first place in his weight class. We plan on going to see him at States this Saturday.  Looking forward to a weekend away. 

One of my favorite things: 
My family :)

I am creating: 
At the moment nothing.  At this point in my life,  I am just trying to figure out where I fit in.  What should I be doing?  It's so strange to have just one teenager at home when we had four children and now three are gone on their own.  I am trying to fill my life.  My son and grandbabies are certainly filling up my life.  My hubby and I are going out more than we ever have.  But we do enjoy just being home.  But you know how once a while you have to just get out.  


I am wearing:  
Purplish sweat pants with a pink shirt, and a mauve sweatshirt with slippers.  Can I just say that I love my slippers.  They are so warm and comfortable.  Josiah got them from LL Bean for Christmas.  


I am reading (read) /watching (watched) / listening to:  I am reading Tropical Punch Killer (Cupcakes in Paradise Book 12 ) by Summer Prescott on my kindle.  For my devotions, I am reading, of course, my Bible ( trying to remember (how sad)) and It's not supposed to be this way by Lysa TerKeurst.


I am hoping: 
I am hoping for an early spring.:)  

I am learning: 
To keep up with my planner.  I know I am not busy but the planner helps me with my cleaning schedule, appointments and other things that I may need to do.  This is what my planner looks like :
 So bright and Cheerful and reminds me I am beautiful in God's eyes.
 This lays out the month at a glance.  I fill in appointments or other things. 
I like this part because it breaks it up into weeks and you can fill in more detail for each day.  Here I put my morning routine, evening routines, supper menu and I also tell what might have happened each day.  Like storms or like Nathan getting first place.  Kind of using it as a journal.  
Got this planner from Hobby Lobby for like $ 3 on clearance.  I like to that it has stickers.  Love stickers LOL.  

In my kitchen:  
Here's my weekly menu.  I got from Monday to Sunday.  I use either Sunday or Monday to plan out my weekly menu.  I grocery shop once a week so I can get any sales.  
Monday:
Buffalo Chicken lettuce wraps ( this is from the freezer) I will chop of up some red onion, celery, tomato and cucumber for crunch.  I will be using romaine lettuce to wrap in. 

Tuesday:
Whole chicken with Normandy vegetables

Wednesday:
Crockpot Ham and green beans ( we are doing keto so I will take this and use chicken broth and make it more of a soup)

Thursday:
Chicken Cordon bleu (keto) with broccoli (this is so good and I think I have shared the recipe before but if I haven't here it is https://joyfilledeats.com/chicken-cordon-bleu-casserole/)
Going to use the leftover chicken from Tuesday and chicken that I already have cooked in the freezer.

Friday:
Keto version of the Pioneer woman  Sour cream bake with salad ( the original carb filled recipe is delicious hoping this one is too. https://www.thisgalcooks.com/low-carb-sour-cream-beef-bake/)

Saturday:
We will be in Lincoln so not sure what we will be eating. 

Sunday:
Buffalo wings in the air fryer ( we love our air fryer) with celery sticks


In the school room
Nathan has finished up Computer 1 and started Computer 2.  He isn't thrilled about it.  I don't think he likes how this program works.  We use Liberty Academy through Liberty University.  

In my garden
Nothing.  This is looking out our bedroom window to where our garden should be. :)
  


Board room:

https://www.pinterest.com/smjlfn/front-yard-gardens/  This is beautiful.  Haven't tried this but would be fun to try.  
Post Script:  This is a great site for those who want to save on groceries.  http://frugalfamilyfood.com/  They also have a youtube channel.  

Shared Quote
{share a favorite quote}

A moment from my day




Closing Notes: 
 This week I am going to try and not complain but focus on being thankful.  I have so much to be grateful for.  Look at Life as a Journey. Don't look back but look forward.  

Have fun Ya'll :)
Sharon :)

No comments: