Monday, February 11, 2019

Menu for Feb.11th-16th

I am so glad that I have another week to plan for food.  Learning to be thankful even in the mundane things of life.  Last weeks menu had some changes in it.  Like I have said plan but also learn to be flexible because you never know what life can throw at you.  This week's menu is pretty simple. 
Saturday and Sunday we will be out of town. ( I have to put in here that my son went to Regionals last Saturday for wrestling and got first place in his weight class.  So impressed and proud of him.   Last year he got third in Regionals.  He has worked so hard.  So this Saturday is States which is about 2 and 1/2 hours away.  We are going to spend the night on Saturday and come back on Sunday.)

Monday:
Buffalo Chicken lettuce wraps ( this is from the freezer) I will chop of up some red onion, celery, tomato and cucumber for crunch.  I will be using romaine lettuce to wrap in. 

Tuesday:
Whole chicken with Normandy vegetables

Wednesday:
Crockpot Ham and green beans ( we are doing keto so I will take this and use chicken broth and make it more of a soup)

Thursday:
Chicken Cordon bleu (keto) with broccoli (this is so good and I think I have shared the recipe before but if I haven't here it is https://joyfilledeats.com/chicken-cordon-bleu-casserole/)
Going to use the leftover chicken from Tuesday and chicken that I already have cooked in the freezer.

Friday:
Keto version of the Pioneer woman  Sour cream bake with salad ( the original carb filled recipe is delicious hoping this one is too. https://www.thisgalcooks.com/low-carb-sour-cream-beef-bake/)

Saturday:
We will be in Lincoln so not sure what we will be eating. 

Sunday:
Buffalo wings in the air fryer ( we love our air fryer) with celery sticks

We rotate between steak and chicken wings every weekend.  And typically we have them on a Saturday but we won't be in town.  Also, I try to get steak when it is on sale.  Leftovers throughout the week we use for lunches so you won't see a leftover night unless we have a lot or I will freezer for a later meal.  I am learning to cook for three and sometimes four.  So hard.
Remember to look at life as a journey.

Sharon :)

No comments: