Sunday, May 30, 2010

New House

We have been quite busy the past couple of days.  We closed on the house Tuesday May 25 at 2:30 in the afternoon.  It was a lot of paper work.  Mike was not here to sign so I had to sign three times at every place that needed a signature. I got out about 3:45.  We started work on the house as soon as I got home and got changed. 

The first thing we did was ripped out the carpet.  It was disgusting.  The smell in the basement just was so overwhelming.  On Wednesday I had a sweet gentleman come out and helped me with getting the rest of the floors scrubbed and he painted the floors where the carpets were with kilz.   He helped through out the day.  Thursday I had to run around to get stuff at Lowes and Wal-Mart.  The new floors were being put in at this point to. On Friday classes from the school that my children go to came out and helped with cleaning up the place and getting the yard cleaned up.  This was a huge blessing.  there was so much trash.  I am going to go take pictures just to show how much this place was trashed.  Josiah's teacher pressure washed the basement.  It helped but we are still trying to figure out how to get the smell out.  They kept some type of farm animal in the basement.  There were horse mats and some hay stuff in the basement.  Yesterday I bought tons of baking soda . Felicity and I just doused the basement and the basement stairs with it.  By the time I left yesterday ( was painting the girls room) the smell seemed tons better.  I am going to get some more today and go do the same thing today. 

I chose this place because I saw the potential.  I love the house.  And we  have 8 1/2 acres.  We have always wanted to do homesteading.  The place needs some work put into it.  But its ours and we can do what we want with it.  I love this place. Its so peaceful.  I have ideas in my head for a garden surrounded by white picket fence with a gate.  I have always wanted a white picket fence.  Then for the door coming out of the basement I want to do a patio.  I have huge dreams.:)  But I think they can be accomplished. 

I will post pictures of the progress.  Mike will be home on Tuesday for two weeks.  It will be a full two weeks for sure.  Hope everyone has a great weekend.:) 

Happy Memorial Day.  Thank you to the service men who served our country and sacrificed their lives so we can be free.  Thanks and God bless you and your families.

Sharon:)

No comments: