Monday, December 17, 2018

Menu for December 17th-23rd



Wow only a week away from Christmas.  Where does the time go? I did ok following last weeks menu.  Some days I did end up changing.  The new recipe that I tried from https://www.rachelcooks.com/2016/03/23/cornish-game-hen-recipe-sherry-orange-rosemary/  was really good.
  I never had cornish hens before.  They were super yummy and very moist.  It's perfect for small families.  I didn't get to the Chicken Au Champagne yet.  That will be on the menu for today.  Saturday we did wings and fries instead of the taco salad.  I also tried a few desserts.  Some were good and one recipe I had to throw away.  It was nasty.  Recipes do not always turn out as planned.  I may have to pick up a few items but the goal this week is not to do any shopping until this weekend for Christmas.  Here is the new menu for this week.


Monday:
Chicken au champagne (https://www.rachelcooks.com/2016/03/23/cornish-game-hen-recipe-sherry-orange-rosemary/)
Orzo pasta (https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/228131/parmesan-garlic-orzo/)
Vegetable of some sort

Tuesday:
Freezer meal or get something from the store. Nathan has an orthodontist appointment. We also plan on doing some shopping.  Has to be an easy meal.:)

Wednesday:
Spaghetti

Thursday:
Garlic Chicken
Rice
Corn

Friday:
Leftovers

Saturday:
Buffalo Chicken wraps
Fries

Sunday:
Leftovers or pizza

Challenge this week is to only get a few items and then shop this weekend for meals for next week.  I hope everyone has a great week.:)
Sharon :)




No comments: