Monday, December 10, 2018

Menu for Dec.10th- Dec.16th

This past week I didn't go strictly by the menu as was planned.  I had things in the fridge that I needed to use up and Mike wanted different things then from what was planned.  You learn to be flexible not just in life but also when it comes to meal plans.  That's why its so important for me to have my freezer, pantry and refrigerator stocked so I can change if I need to.  When meal planning check and see what you have on hand.  Then you can make a grocery list to fill in where needed.  This week I am using mostly what I have in the freezer but I also plan on cooking some new recipes that I have found for a project I am working on.  Here is the menu for the week.  It may change throughout the week depending on how things go.

Monday:
Maybe a crockpot meal

Tuesday:
Cornish game hens (new recipe for the project)
Mashed potatoes (trying this recipe: https://www.rachelcooks.com/2017/11/21/brown-butter-slow-cooker-mashed-potatoes/)
Corn
https://www.rachelcooks.com/2016/03/23/cornish-game-hen-recipe-sherry-orange-rosemary/

Wednesday:
A chicken pasta dish from the freezer
Nathan has a wrestling meet that we plan on going to

Thursday:
Leftovers

Friday:
Chicken Au Champagne (new recipe for the project)
Brown Rice
Green Beans
https://cookingwithcurls.com/2014/06/09/chicken-au-champagne/

Saturday:
Taco Salad

Sunday:
Leftovers

Desserts:
Citrus Golden Ring Cake
No bake cookies
Eggnog Christmas cookies
Peppermint cookie sandwich

Have a great day everyone!



No comments: