Friday, July 29, 2011

Coffee can turned plant pot

This is my first time showing a craft idea.  We ( I should say dh) drinks a lot of coffee in this house.  That being said I have tons of plastic coffee cans just hanging around.  This morning I took a coffee can primed it first.  Then painted it with a cream colored textured type paint.  Once the can dried you could still see some of the name of the coffee shining through.   I decided to take scrap book paper and decoupage it on the areas that the writing was still shining through.  Tried to match the paper up with the colors in my dining room.  That wasn't easy because I do not have a lot of scrap book paper around.  I had no modge podge glue hanging around so I used a recipe that I found online through  pinterest.  It seems to work.:)  I think its still missing something but not sure what. :) 

No comments: