Monday, August 23, 2010

Learning more about sewing


It was a really good weekend. We watched a couple of movies on Saturday.  Sunday was a good day. My mil went to church with us.  Afterwards we had a nice steak dinner that was really yummy.   It was a very relaxing weekend. :)  One more week before school starts.  The kiddos are so excited.  Not sure who is more excited Mommy or kiddos. :) 

I am learning more sewing.:)  I actually made a Jumper for my older daughter.  I made it where I didn't have to sew a hem. :) I also put a lining in it.  I cut out a two front pattern pieces and two back pattern pieces. One of the front and one of the back pattern pieces was the lining.   I sewed the fronts together with rights sides together and left a little opening at the bottom.  Then I turned it inside out where the right sides can be seen.  I did the same with the back sewing right sides together and leaving a little opening at the bottom.  Next I turned them inside out.  Then  I sewed the front and Back at the side seams.  I did a decorative stitch at the bottom to close up the holes that I used to turn inside out.  I also did a decorative stitch around the front, back and arm holes.  I also embroidered a flower at the front.  I am still trying to figure out how to get the material to be center so that the design can be centered.  That is the hard part.  I guess practice makes perfect. :)  Not sure that sewing is ever perfect. :)  
I am linking up to Made by you Mondays.:)

Have a great day ya'll.:)

1 comment:

emilyc @ Sew Super Sweet said...

Hi Sharon, thanks so much for stopping by Sew Super Sweet earlier today! And I am glad that I am not the only one that is still still learning their way around a sewing machine. :)

I love the embroidered flower on the jumper...great job!

Thanks again!