Monday, April 27, 2009

Lots of rain LOL

We have been getting lots of rain. My garden is enjoying it. Everything is so green. I still have to figure out what is eating my plants. If anyone has any ideas how to naturally get rid of the pest please share.:) I am sharing some pictures of my garden. Nathan my six year old thought he could start picking. He decided to pick my first tomato, the only problem with that is it wasn't ready:(. I wasn't too happy. But now he understands that you can't pick until ready. I will let him pick the first thing that is ready.:) Well here are the pictures.:)







This is my tomato plant.

This is my black berry bush. It started out with only a
few leaves that I didn't think it would live.
Here are some of my herbs. Cilantro, English sage, English Thyme and my Cherry tomato plant.


This a mixture of corn, green beans, and cucumbers.
I read that if you plant the corn stalks then the cucumbers
and the green beans can climb up them and hold them up.
This is my first year so I am experimenting.:)



This is zuchini, squash, green peppers and Jalenpo pepper.
I have little bugs on the back of my leaves of my pepper plants.
So this is just a part of my garden. I didn't take pictures of my fruit trees or my fruit plants that I have.:) I don't know how to make separate pages for different things.
Have a great week all.:)
Sharon:)













4 comments:

Kathy, Jeff's Wife said...

Looks great!

Just A Family said...

I love your gardens...

Robin

Valerie Pilgreen said...

Congrat's on winning!!! Hey, ladybugs get rid of pests. You can even order them online. I have seen ladybug houses for $60, I am thinking I may build one of these. I use home made laudry detergent diluted to rinse plants that have mega bugs right now (need ladybugs). You can use diluted. The soap sticks to the bugs skin and they cannot breath. My romaine had some bugs so I rinsed, and then I found some poor ladybug on a weed and put her on my lettuce!!!! Have a great day!!!!

Mama to my 6 said...

Great start! One thing I noticed in your pics, zucchini, at least around here when full grown will cover at least 4 square feet! Yours might get crowded!